308 PROOF Research Carbon Fiber Barrel for The Fix by Q
**THIS PROOF BARREL IS CHAMBERED IN 308 - 24" 1:10 5R**
Made specifically for The Fix™ by Q® from our friends at PROOF Research. Each barrel comes complete with a headspaced barrel extension and Cherry Bomb™ muzzle brake.
COMMON FEATURES & SPECS
- MATERIAL: Stainless Steel 416R & Carbon Fiber
- RIFLING: Single Point Cut, Hand Lapped
- MUZZLE: 5/8-24 Tapered Muzzle w/ Cherry Bomb Muzzle Brake
* Weights includes barrel extension, extension jam nut and muzzle brake.
PROOF’s patented manufacturing process begins with full-profile, match-grade 416R stainless steel barrel blanks, are then turned down to a reduced profile greatly reducing the weight. This reduced contour barrel is then wrapped with high-strength, aerospace-grade carbon fiber impregnated with a proprietary matrix resin developed by PROOF’s advanced composites division.
The aerospace-grade carbon fiber used has a strength up to 30 times that of stainless steel and a stiffness up to 7 times greater than steel. Heat conductivity and thermal expansion are also of paramount importance when developing a match-grade carbon fiber barrel. The helical wrapping pattern favors the longitudinal thermal diffusion of the carbon fibers (along the length of the barrel) allowing them to more efficiently dissipate heat emanating from the barrel rather than insulating it.
Because the barrels are engineered for thermal performance, they also move heat very effectively through the wall (thickness) of the barrel, greatly increasing heat transport and resulting in barrels that cool faster and maintain accuracy over longer sessions of fire.
The end result is an aerospace-grade, high-fiber content composite barrel that is stronger, lighter, as accurate as the finest precision steel barrel, and maintains its accuracy in the most demanding environments.
- Up to 64% lighter than traditional steel barrels of similar contour
- Match-grade accuracy
- Improved heat dissipation for cooler and longer lasting barrels
- No point-of-impact shift during high-volume fire
- Reduced harmonic barrel vibration